Our 2013 Easter Display

We have a little shelf in the kitchen/dining area that acts as a combination of display and storage for our wine glasses.


It is sort of our mantel if you will.  From time to time I get the bug to swap out the decor, often times to throw up a seasonal display.

In the past, at this point in the year, the kids are doing a nightly countdown of number of "sleeps" until the Easter Bunny visits.  However, this year, there is still mounds of snow on the ground and no green in sight.  No flowers, no buds, no grass... nothin'.  It doesn't feel like spring or Easter at all around these parts, so I decided I needed to do my part in bringing spring inside to get us hoppin' around with glee.


It was super simple and just took a little love, DIY, color and candy.  Oh, and fresh flowers, they always speak spring louder than just about anything!


OK, seriously, how cute are those eggs?  Would it be nerdy if I kept them up all year?  I love.

I started out with some brown paper eggs from Michaels.  I taped them off with painters tape and used craft paint in different sheens, to paint off the bottom of the eggs.



Once I pulled the tape, I wanted to add a little more glamor, so I whipped out the gold Sharpie marker and just drew a line around the egg by hand.


Awesome.

A little hot glue and twine later, and I had DIY egg garland!


Did someone say candy?  It is so pretty and colorful, I had to integrate it onto the shelves.


Some Goodwill candle sticks with a coat of spray paint, along with some mason jars mounted with mounting putty, and we have a little candy display.  I even Mod Podged some pretty paper to the lids.


In the center of the shelves I brought in a frame with some sketched art {more on that in an upcoming post}, and some soup cans, spray painted, wrapped in twine and filled with fresh flowers.




Some branches and more candy, and the display was sweet as pie.



Sure feels a lot more spring-like now!  And the kid's faces were priceless when they saw the set-up this morning!

Anyone else getting creative and finding ways to bring some spring inside?  I saw on Instagram this weekend that many of you were hit with more snow too!  Ack.  What's up with that?

Psssst!  Stay tuned, tomorrow I will share a bit more about the Happy Easter print and be hoppin' in with an extra promo and giveaway! 

0 Komentar untuk "Our 2013 Easter Display"